What Is SCRIP?
SCRIP is a term that means “substitute money”. When you purchase SCRIP, you’re purchasing negotiable gift certificates and prepaid cards that are used just like cash. You can use SCRIP to purchase everyday expenses like food, clothing, and other essentials, and with every purchase, you earn revenue for St. Paul.
How SCRIP generates revenue for St. Paul
The Great Lakes SCRIP Center acts on behalf of churches, schools and other non profit organizations to purchase large amounts of SCRIP from grocery stores, department stores, and other retailers. Because the SCRIP is purchased with cash up front, the participating retailers offer a substantial discount. St. Paul buys the SCRIP from Great Lakes SCRIP Center at a discount, and re-sells the certificates to families like yours for full face value. The discount - from two to fifteen percent or more – is St. Paul’s revenue.
SCRIP is "shopping cart fund raising”
SCRIP is a popular fundraiser because families don’t have to sell anything. Organization members produce revenue by making regular household purchases they would make anyway. Groceries, clothing, toys, gifts, even gasoline can be purchased with SCRIP.
WHERE and WHEN can I buy it?
HOW do I buy it?
- Scrip will be available at all weekend masses.
- You can purchase scrip through school by sending an order form and payment to school with your child. Your child simply turns in the paperwork to his/her teacher. Your child will then bring the scrip home when it arrives or you can choose to pick it up at the rectory office during regular office hours.
- Your completed order form and check can also be dropped in the rectory mail slot, located to the left of the office door. Please mark the envelope “SCRIP”. You will be called when your order is ready for pick up at the rectory office.
What are "On Hand" and "Special Order" items?
- Download one of our convenient order forms and fill in the quantities you wish to order or register at ShopWithScrip.com. St. Paul's enrollment code is LD245AA5763L.
- Make checks payable to : St. Paul SCRIP
- Bring your order form with check or cash to one of our vending locations during our regular hours. (See above)
I like to pay at the pump when I buy gas - can I still do that?
- On-Hand Items means that we have SCRIP in the listed denominations for the listed vendors right now and are ready for you to buy! Items are available on a first come first served basis and are restocked each week.
- Special Order items have to be ordered on an as-requested basis. We place orders at 10 AM on Monday and should receive them by Friday morning.
Yes! There are debit cards for the gas stations. For example, if you purchased a $50 SCRIP card from St. Paul's and put in $37 worth of gasoline, the next time you use that card, you have $13 remaining. The pump will automatically shut off at $13, then you can do another transaction with another card.
WHAT am I waiting for?!!?
I don't know! Buy some SCRIP today!